Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Walk Off

Okay,(almost forgot that time) each Saturday we host a junior clinic beginning at 1pm. This week we had 43 students with varying degrees of golf aptitude. The logistics involved in handling this many students between three pros is interesting. Today we had three different stations, a short game station, a throwing/target station developed by Sachin, and the putting green. The clinic lasted a few hours and that was that. I'm including a bunch of pictures, which I'm certain will describe the scene better than me. Other than that....Nick Becks will be joining me in Nepal in February. I've also included a picture of him, for your pleasure. I've been watching a lot of CNN when there's power, and I feel today as though it's causing me to write in a more factual manner than you may be accustomed to. It's either that or the Nepali lessons. I can now ask about your family, explain who is in my family, and comment on someone showering if I need to. As for the update on the cargo, there is no update, and I haven't yet heard from Maskey, our shipping agent in Calcutta, which means the letter hasn't been received yet. I'm sure it'll work out eventually, as things here often do, despite the best efforts of contrarian forces. Walk off word.....
As promised, Nick Becks. Who knew the Diamondbacks v. Brewers game would be a playoff preview? Also, we will be bringing the baldness level up in Nepal considerably.

Pradip, he knows what I get for breakfast each morning, and is a friend. I promised him a watch like mine when I get back to the states

Sachin set this up. A basketball net turned target to teach the kids how to turn their shoulders the same way you would when throwing a ball.

They're awaiting instruction

I always have one of the kids demonstrate and speak to the group after we have gone over the skills for the day.

Yes, the line goes for about 75 yards worth of kids

2 comments:

  1. Well since that pic was taken in SD. I would have to guess that it was the Padres vs. Brewers. Instead of Diamondbacks vs. Brewers. Might be a reflection on a few drinks had that night. Hard to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My bad, I don't know why I thought that. It doesnt even make sense. What's funny is how much bigger our smiles get in every picture. Especially the rickshaw

    ReplyDelete