Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Ma golf sik aauchu

This is where I have coffee before my Tuesday morning Nepali lesson.
Okay, I was trying to figure out if there was any possible way I could do this post in Nepali. There is, as of yet, no shot of that happening. I could tell you how many tables are in my house, or how many pens are on said tables. I could probably explain to you how many people are in my family, and what their relation to me is. I could even tell you that the watermelon is expensive, and to drop the price. None of this relates to golf. What I can say is ma golf sik aauchu. It means "I teach golf". I guess I could also tell you I play golf, ma golf khelnchu. But that would be a lie, since I barely practice anymore. When I first got here I played almost every day and was on the verge of getting my swing into some kind of shape. However, since the weather has changed I have not really had the desire to pick up a club and actually play golf. Today was the final round of the Nepal Caddie Tournament, and after watching six holes I felt the desire coming back; I wanted to go hit balls right away, I was thinking about my swing again instead of analyzing video of someone else. I've been so caught up in getting the move to Pokhara under way,  worrying about grouping the juniors on saturdays and ways to get them their own "tour", and the yardage guide that I hadn't really even contemplated playing golf. I mean it definitely hasn't been all work, as I've been exploring Kathmandu and drinking copious amounts of coffee. But still, I am ready to play golf again. Well, maybe tomorrow. Enjoy some new pictures...

The caddies turned players listening to pre-round instructions
These are in the same restaurant. I'm still not sure if they're for show or for sale. Dig the crooked picture.


These women are manicuring the grass by hand. Now quit complaining about the glass ceiling your desk job.

A pretty sweet par three that almost ensures a bogie or worse if you're short. Or long.

Preparing the trophy presentation.

The presentation itself, happening on the recently sanded practice green.

No comments:

Post a Comment