Friday, January 13, 2012

Malaai Coffee Dinhus!

Okay, "Just what the hell is going on in Witko's life?", you may find yourself wondering. Well, luckily for you, my loyal readers I am here to answer that very question. I am working on a few different things right now - 1.) I am working on acquiring a course in Pokahra to use a as junior academy as well as a public play course. This will give me the freedom to let kids play and practice as much as they can, which is not always the case in KTM. In fact, I believe we are looking for an superintendent to come over and help us get this course into shape. So, if you can build golf courses, and want to do it for free, come to Nepal! 2.) I am trying to bring a Faldo Series Event  to Nepal. This could be one of the biggest things to happen to Nepal Junior golf, well...ever. 3-5.) Yardage guide, restructuring the HYGA junior program here to include a junior tour event once a month, shipment of clubs (yes, still). I can't get into any details of any of this just yet, as nothing is finalized. We are basically at the genesis level of things right now.
Now it's time for Witko complaining about something. Of all the differences between Nepal and America, and there are about 23 million differences, the one that gets me constantly a simple one. When you order a cup of coffee here, you get just that - one cup of coffee. As an coffeeaholic it pains me to have to order cup after cup and not just get free refills. When CNN and cable TV came to Nepal about twelve years ago, they did all Americans a huge disservice by not running a 24 hour special on the need for the bottomless cup of coffee. Americans are bigger people, we need more coffee to sustain us throughout the day. I know it's cheap (sano) for a cup of coffee, but I really think they need to raise the price and just make it never ending. Not for cappuccinos or lattes, but for a simple cup of coffee. There should be waiters with pots of coffee just waiting to top you off as soon as you take a sip. If Nepal can fix this one thing, I'll come back. If not, I'll still come back but the only thing I'll pack is 70lbs of coffee and a commercial coffee maker to bring around with me. Just finished off my last sip on that sentence - "Bhai- malai coffee dinhus!!!"
Now for some random pictures......

This is where I'll be beating Nick Becks when he gets here. Actually, the course will beat both of us

This light in my room usually happens around 4pm. Pretty sweet, and yes I do burn incense.

This dentist apparently slapped a girl who was brought in for treatment. I love two things about this picture- 1.) That someone was there to capture it, and 2.) It's not that I dislike dentists, but the prices are insane. I'm convinced they could do the same work for maybe 1/4 of the price. Although maybe this guys prices have gone down.

One of the acceptable places in Thamel to get some coffee and sunlight at the same time.




No comments:

Post a Comment