Tuesday, January 24, 2012

British Tourists, Non-Major Golf, and a Bonus Picture

Okay kids, Tuesday is almost always my favorite day of the week. I say almost because last week I nearly passed out face first into my tea on Tuesday. This week however, with a freshly installed kerosene heater in my room and the days getting warmer, I was able to attend my weekly Nepali lesson, which I have increased to two hours at a time. I know I've said this before, but a good teacher who is excited about her work makes ALL the difference in the world. Anita is always in a good mood, always offers me tea, and as a bonus her husband runs a printing business which is exactly what I need to finish the yardage guides for the Royal Nepal Golf Course.

***Breaking News**** I am typing this in the restaurant where I normally eat dinner and am having a hard time concentrating because the two British guys who just sat down at the table in front of mine are being waaay to British. They are taking the menu at face value, complaining about butter content, asking for "ginger beer", wondering about the fish (we are in a landlocked, developing country - how the **ck do you think the fish is?), demanding a heater (it's at least 60 degrees in here already), and just putting the waiter, who is my friend, through the ringer. #1, What the hell do they care how the food is? I guarantee it's better than English food, no matter how it tastes. #2 If you wanted English food and service, please do us all a favor and stay in England. I have come to detest English people here in Nepal. They complain about everything, claim things are horrendous and depressing, and expect people to just give them whatever they want since they assume their accent sounds pleasant. Well, I think it sounds stupid. And now that they have procured a space heater, they're complaining that it needs to be moved. Well, move that shit yourselves, how the hell did you even get dressed this morning, did mummy do it for you? Nepali people will tell you that English and German tourists are the worst, followed by the Australians. They all act supremely entitled and carry the holier than thou attitude around with them. The Americans who come here are generally well liked because of our laid back attitude and willingness to adapt. I wish I could go back in time and fight in the revolutionary war. This has been New of the Jaded, by Witko Enterprises.********

Where were we? Ahh yes, I was in a good mood from my lesson, couldn't you tell? Aside from finding a printer for the yardage guides, or more correctly, happening into one, I don't have a ton of golf news to report. I did watch a few holes of whatever the Bob Hope Classic is called ajhaa bholi (now-a-days) because it takes place near my home course in California. And here are my thoughts on that - non-major golf is nearly impossible to watch unless you are severely medicated or tied to a chair A Clockwork Orange style.

***News update** The one with the droopy eyes and bad teeth (no the other one) just told the waiter that "In England, they call me the joker. NOJ, WE*****

And now some pictures from my journey to the language lesson.......
More side roads, traffic, and people of Nepal

I can now name all of these vegetables in Nepali!

There is a lot of construction going on in this city, much of it by hand

Typical road side shop. I want to buy so many things, but I keep waiting until I 'm about to leave because I don't want to carry a bunch of stuff with me whenever I move

This is called Chicken Chili and it kicks ass, it's my pre-lesson ritual

Almost there!

My inspiration every Tueday, Thanks, Anita!


Bonus Picture of Mason, he would have loved it here. RIP buddy

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update. I feel smart and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the photos! very cool to see your daily life in nepal...but i especially love the bonus of Mason. amazing!

    ReplyDelete