Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunny days, good news, and a woman on a horse in the middle of the street

Okay, OMG it is like totally incredible how much a sunny day can change your mood. For the previous few weeks in Kathmandu it had been generally cold and foggy for most of the day. Today brought a thick fog in the morning followed by what can only be described as perfect weather for the rest of the day. I'll just assume it's because I played golf this morning (poorly) for the first time in a while and I was rewarded with sunny skies and high 60 degree temperatures. The world revolves around me, right? No?....Anyway, back to what the natural mood enhancer- the sun. I was really reminded of being in Portland for the last few weeks, albeit with less rain. And then I was reminded of how much better I felt as soon as moved to southern California. I think I need the sun to function my best. Without it, I'd say I'm at 75% overall.
Check out this lady on a horse. I would always see the kid, guiding the horse in this picture, racing this horse up and down the streett at what seemed like crazy speed.
What in the world am I going on about? Back to the news; we are moving forward with the Faldo Series event in Nepal and are aiming for October of this year. It's mildly disappointing that I won't be here to see it take place. This tournament will actually allows players to earn world junior amateur ranking points and winners are invited to the Faldo Series Asian Grand Final. Sachin and I are also working on creating a monthly junior tournament, to run for an undetermined number of months, with junior amateurs gaining ranking points based on finish. I believe it is important to have internal competition in Nepal in order for our players to succeed in another country.
A brief shipment update: nope.
A brief Pokhara update; I'm coming for ya in February - I can't wait to be able to drive again!
Enjoy the random mix of pictures below. More excitement to follow!!

Here's another one of my room, I don't know why. I think I like the way the walls look red and the sun and incense mix nicely. Plus, why not?

These kids will have their own tour someday, first they need to learn how to swing.



Today is a holiday in Nepal (like most days) and apparently sweets are a big part of it. These things were good, but they're very difficult to eat. Somehow they're both hard and sticky

Even the airport looked kind of cool today. Thank you, Sun!






No comments:

Post a Comment