Saturday, January 28, 2012

Congruant Punishment and Hilarity

Me and Deepak; he was explaining something about something. I was busy taking a picture of myself.
Okay, I don't have a specific direction for this post, so I'll just ramble. "Well, wait, how's that different from any other time?", you may ask. It's not any different, really, today I just feel confident enough to admit it. Having just finished my Saturday clinic, I figured I figured that I may as well write something because frankly, I have nothing better to do. Which puts us in the same boat; by reading it, you admit you have nothing better to do. Let's go on the journey together. I'd like to begin by suggesting you check out this blog. Callie and I were able to laugh together (well, together via imessages) about wild dogs, Delhi belly, and taxi drivers. It's nice when someone you know is experiencing the same culture shock you went through. Not that I wish her ill, but humans like to share similar experiences. Granted, mine has not as of yet included much Yoga, but I'm working on it, especially with the lack of a gym. Have I mentioned how much I miss throwing on my iPod, loading it with some aggro music and lifting absurd amounts of weight. I used to call it "keeping the devil down in the hole". Now I just don't drink and that seems to accomplish the same thing. Have I mentioned I have no idea where this post would lead, or is that becoming obvious?
The Kathmandu Mall - It doesn't feel quite American, but it doesn't feel quite Nepali, either.
I was so tempted to wear my new pants to the clinic today, but I'm saving them for when I need to feel like a golf pro, namely the next time I play golf. I figure if my swing is in a disfigured state, the least I can do is try to look like an accomplished player. Which pants? Well, the pants that I ended up buying yesterday and totally omitted from the post about shopping of course. They are probably knock off Armani slacks, but if they last even three months I think I'll have gotten my 2500 rupees worth out of them. I think I'll hold off on any pictures until I'm actually wearing them, because it's always more fun to see me than just a pair of pants.  Before I talk about the clinic, which I need to do or else this whole thing could be about how I wash my underwear by hand. Seriously, I do. Before we do that, however, check out this shirt to your right. It is easily four feet across. I don't know who could wear this or maybe it's designed for really conjoined twins. Politically incorrect? Fat conjoined twins, please send your emails to stanwitko30@hotmail.com. Thanks. Oh, one last bit of shopping nonsense before we continue. Below is the store entitled Readymade Family Shopping Centre. I had to take a picture of this to point out the Yankees logo superimposed on the American flag. I have yet to see a Red Sox logo anywhere. Suck it, sawx fans!. NEXT........

It's in the Bishal Bazaar, 1st floor. Note: 1st floor actually means second floor in Nepal.


The other kids watching, me taking pictures, the whole thing was hilarious
 So, on to the clinic....About fifteen kids have reached the stage where the are allowed to play on their own. So they left, the youngest kids got to hit full shots today after their chipping lesson last week, and the older, yet not quite able to play kids got an hour long bunker lesson from yours truly. My reward was two shoes full of sand. But hey, at least nobody got hurt. I will also point out that the theme of this weeks clinic, aside from learning to play golf was discipline. I kicked one child, the son of a member at RNGC actually, out of the bunker for hitting when I told them not to. He's older and should know better, but I suspect he is testing me to see how much he can get away with. The answer - Nothing. Secondly, This kids in the yellow shirt was late and was forced to do ten "hens". This is when you grab your ears, pull them down and do a squat in front of everybody. I imagine the fact that I was taking a picture of it made it even worse. What made it worse for him was that he tried to bargain his way into doing less. No shot!


By now you know that I enjoy getting the kids to teach each other. Here's another example. I especially like it when nobody volunteers to teach. Then I pick either a.) the kid who can do it the best or b.) the kid who wants to do it the least

Success!   
 I'd like to thank Grantland.com for reading my blog. Actually, I'm not sure that they are, but I am currently begging them for a job as a golf writer. If you have any connections, go ahead and help me out! Thanks

1 comment:

  1. wooo! thanks for the shout-out! now that i'm back in boston i need to find another angle for my blog...any suggestions?

    also, when i read " I kicked one child, the son of a member at RNGC actually" there were a lot of words in there before you finished the sentence with "out of the bunker" and i thought you were beating Nepali kids for a second. glad that's not the case, Mr. Witko :)

    ReplyDelete