Friday, January 20, 2012

A Hairy Dream

I plan on rafting down this thing in April

Monkey

HEAT!

My new buff. I'm either a terrorist from the future or a white dude trying to stay warm.
Okay, let me tell y'all (and now I'm going into southern dialect-this is when you know my English is garbage) a quick and true story...I had a dream the other day that I had a full head of hair and was at the barber debating how to get it cut. I was sitting in the barber chair (keep in mind, my dreams are now mostly filled with Nepali backgrounds which is odd enough) watching people come and go, totally at ease with myself. I opted for some sort of absurd haircut which I can't fully recall the details but it did include spiking things and making my thick mane even more bountiful. The dream moved from the barber shop to an outdoor setting near a beach. I was letting the wind go through my hair and loving it. Then I woke up. On a hard bed. Shaved head. In Kathmandu. With the sounds of the city waking up around me. There were people on bicycles selling fruit, car horns, some mysterious loud siren that I hear a couple times a day, and wild dogs barking. The point is, when I was in high school say, what would have been the weirder part of that story, the dream or the reality?
I was recently granted a kerosene heater and a desk for my room, which actually makes all the difference in the world. It's amazing the things we take for granted in America. I know, I know, everybody who travels to a developing country says this, but they say it for a reason. Okay, I'm off to play some chess and listen to Adel while burning incense. Seriously. This is my life. Thanks for being such voyouristic people. We'll talk soon...Oh yeah, the courage part I mentioned last time...it takes a lot of courage to continue playing golf with the swing I bring out there on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment