Monday, January 30, 2012

Kick Start

It took me three months, but I broke down and found a KFC. It was AWESOME
Okaaay, let's get it going. And let's make it quick, for a couple of reasons. 1.) The outlet that I normally use to charge my computer and phone is not working. In the past I would have moved around and tried to find another one, but at this point I'll just wait and hope the electricity starts flowing into this plug sometime during this post. By the way, that is basically how a lot of things work over here. 2.) There are only eight days left until Becks arrives in KTM. Why does this affect my blog? Well, I guess it doesn't but, man it is going to be great to hang out with an American for a couple weeks. Maybe then I can go back to being sarcastic and bitter for a while.

Something next to a man made pond, by Stan Witko

Something on a pond, by Stan Witko
These are two of the three sisters I teach on Saturday afternoons.
This is not a good picture, but I had to add it because it is the worst restaurant I have ever been to. I think it's called Nanglo or something. If you're ever in DabarMarg, don't go here. The people were jerks, and the food (a simple hot dog, and yes, very American day) was the worst.
 So what happened in the world of Witko today? Well, I had a lesson in the morning with a woman who absolutely loves golf. She asks approximately 5,967 questions per lesson and is eager to improve. The problem with asking so many questions is that a number of questions arise because there is too much advice going into the students ears. Not from teachers, but from caddies (yes, caddies!), other golfers, golf magazines, etc. Now, I would most definitely prefer a student who asks questions over a dead fish who is only there because of an expiring gift certificate, or because of spousal of parental demand. I guess, like most things,  golf teachers prefer that students ask the exact right number of questions pertaining to only what we have gone over in the past. If anyone knows this student, please send him/her to The Royal Nepal Golf Club and have that person ask for the white dude. If it's someone other than me, it's not the right country. Back to my student...she has asked for one lesson a day for basically my tenure at this golf course. To break up the monotony I taught her how to kick start her golf swing. This is not a euphemism for anything, it is what you thought it was. Basically, you set up, and kick your club backwards with your lead foot and continue the swing from there. Her pure enjoyment over having this "shot" in her arsenal was the highlight of the lesson for both of us. I'm not sure what that says about me as a golf pro. Oh yeah I am; it says I'm amazing and that's how I get students to keep coming back. Take note crappy teachers who demand actual "progress" from their students - those students will be mine eventually because a huge part of golf is HAVING FUN. I don't know why I'm suddenly so annoyed with bad teachers and threatening to take away their business. Maybe because I'm a few thousand miles away from the US and can spout off with immunity. Computer is dying and with it this post.....


There are a few roads that the government is widening in order to help the traffic flow. Like I said before, a single law would probably help more, but oh well. What they do in order to facilitate this is the pretty much knock down the front of any shop or house that's in the way, with ZERO compensation to the owner. Those bricks used to be houses.
Another example of where a shop or house used to stand

No comments:

Post a Comment