Sunday, February 19, 2012

Okay, I don't really know how to begin this posting. There is a ton of information that I would love to share, but probably shouldn't at this moment. Nick Becks is boarding his flight home as I type this, and having him here was great. It was nice to be able to use English freely for a while, and even better to be able to see some cool spots with a good friend. But that's over and now it's back to (semi) reality. This new reality includes me being a bit homesick. I was definitely jealous when he was talking about taking a nice hot shower, washing his clothes in a washing machine, and being able to cook for himself. I cannot wait to get to a supermarket when I get back. I can't wait to be overwhelmed with the choices of food and the cleanliness and coldness of American society.
For now I am back to plugging away on the junior tour, the Faldo Series, and working things out in Pokhara. I believe I will be moving a different direction, as the Fulbari course needs more financial attention than the HYGA can give it at this point. It is a gorgeous design, with a number of holes that require a carry over a 400 foot cliff, but it's also that cliff that prevents a junior academy from really being safe. So, it's on to the driving range and the Himalayan course. I hope to manage the driving range, while bringing in a different school each week, and at the end of each month host a tournament at the Himalayan Course. If I can get the schools to form some rivalries it would give these kids a real taste of competition as well as prepare them for tournaments outside of the country.
This is one moment where I wish I could just write whatever is on my mind, and not hold back Everything should work out eventually.
This is where I want to be, beating Steve at Dominos and having a beverage on my porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment