Sunday, February 5, 2012

Garden of Dreams and Breaking Bad

I did like the place settings though
Okay folks, I'll be waking up around 3:30 am tomorrow morning in order to catch a cab to my new friends apartment to watch the Giants beat the patriots in the Super Bowl. With that in mind, this post may be a bit shorter than most, as I am sure nobody wants to hear about how excited I am. So let's look at some of the particulars of getting this party accomplished instead. I have never actually met Brian Smith in person. I came across his blog while relentlessly searching for somewhere to watch this thing. We have exchanged emails and texts, and I have a google earth map of where he lives. I'm not positive cabs even run that early. Sounds like a fool proof plan, right? Well, it's all I've got at this point, so wish me luck.

Calming
Awful Photographer

 
Pretty
Nice
As far as what I accomplished today....I finally went to The Garden of Dreams, which is only a short walk from where I get coffee a few times a week. It costs 160 rupees to get in, and the menu is absurdly overpriced. There were a lot of couples wandering around making out and holding hands, which is not really something you see in any other public place in Nepal. It actually made me a little bit sick to my stomach to see so much PDA. It was like a high school exploded and all of the hormones got sprinkled on everyone in the place. Hand holding, kissing, picture taking, blechhh. So as I sat there in disgust while trying to eat my asparagus soup I began plotting the rest of my day. I had already been to the golf club and decided against going back as I'm not looking to actually "play golf".


So here's how it unfolded...I purchased a candle holder for my Nepali teacher since Tuesday will be our last lesson for a while and she has been incredible. I bought a welcome to Nepal present for Becks, and followed that bit of spending up with a nice haircut. Disclaimer - Haircuts for me these days involve me sitting down, saying "No massage please, do you have electric clippers? Good, put it on zero. Here's 250 rupees." I then purchased seasons 1-4 of Breaking Bad for less than $8.
Want a golf update? I'm still negotiating with the Fulbari Hotel for management rights over the Yeti course (should be very soon!), and the Faldo agreement is in the hands of the people at Gokarna Forest Resort. Next!

No comments:

Post a Comment