Friday, February 3, 2012

Leg Tickler Effect and the 1994 MLB Season

Okay kiddos, What a day that was. Let's get business out of the way first. The only business i did today was to amend the Yeti Golf course lease and remained in touch with Ayush Amatya, the business director for The Fulbari Hotel and Resort. He is a very pleasant Georgetown graduate with whom I am forging an excellent partnership. He actually quit junior golf at age 15 in part because there was no competition and really nowhere to play. So he clearly understands the need for growth of junior golf in Nepal. I am more hopeful than ever about getting to work soon on the Yeti Course in Pokhara thanks to him. Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, I am moving ahead with the idea of holding the first ever tournament of the NJGT (Nepal Junior Golf Tour) on February 24th. I am hoping for sponsors and Sachin is working very hard at getting some money in our corner. Despite this, I will begin inviting media and I will actually buy the tee times myself if we are unable to convince any course to host the tournament, which will take about three hours on a Saturday afternoon. There's still time to donate folks, you could have your name in Nepali lights! Yes I am actually begging for donations for these kids. If they never get the chance to actually play golf, why in the world would they keep coming to clinics? Answer - because their parents force them to. That's all fine and good, but what happens when they start telling their parents "no"? Well, then golf in Nepal dies a little bit more. Speaking of which...Who remembers this? It was a dark time in baseball history, though I would argue the steroid era is much worse. Anyway, I issued my own strike today and didn't go to the RNGC at all today. Keep in mind I have no issues with any of the Professionals, nor with any of the people who have helped me acclimate to Nepal. As discussed in a previous post, I was not pleased with the information given to me, basically third hand, that said no more lessons on the course. So I went on strike. Not from trying to get more for the kids, but from giving any lessons not involving the kids. Instead,I went to the mall!!
It was really clean and heartless. Like any good mall should be.


It also offered sales, mainly 30% off winter clothing

Ready to be sad about an 8D movie? They wouldn't let me buy a ticket because I would have been the only person watching. I don't know what to make out of this so I'll just make Becks go with me when he gets here

At least the view from the food court was pretty solid. Also, they have a bar. Not bad.

If the "leg tickler effect" is someone below me tickling my feet I will come here every day for a month. Or I will never go to the movies again. We'll see how it plays out.

No comments:

Post a Comment