Thursday, February 2, 2012

I don't think Kenny Loggins has anything on this

Bad Ass
Let's begin with the good news, I was able to extend my visa in near record time thanks to Sachin and a few extra rupees to the guy who was expediting my extension request. It took only about half an hour, and I didn't even have an extra passport sized photo with me, which is apparently required. Seriously, I thought that was going to be an entire day spent in line(s). Check out some photos of that mini adventure while I try to calm down....

Now you can join me in the back of a cab. Exciting, no?
This is the road to perdition away from the Sinamangal


Apparently this is a chicken store.


This is a tough choice. I don't like the fact that the Danger sign is permanent

Waiting  with Sachin for my passport to come back to me with a fresh Visa. Why do I always have that look? And by "that look" I mean awesome.

















It took me a few moments, but now I don't feel like breaking every club I have  I am breathing normally and not (quite) as frustrated. "Just get to it!" You may be yelling at your computer screen. First of all, lets add in some more good news. I had an excellent meeting with the business director of The Fulbari Hotel and Resort. We went over some of my needs as far as the golf course lease is concerned and had some tea while we were basically pleased with ourselves for agreeing so easily that this is going to be a win-win situation. They will get professional management of a golf course that had basically been ignored for years, and we will get, well, a golf course. There is enough space for a driving range, we will be allowed to manage it autonomously, and there will be ample course time for the kids. It really was the highlight of my day. Think about how this worked out this morning - I was optimistic about the day, got the visa quickly, stayed positive, had a great meeting, and then went back to Royal Nepal Golf Course. I had lunch, talked with a friend for a while about how things were going, and was leaving the course an hour or so later when I was stopped outside the clubhouse and directed to a sign posted in ENGLISH on the message board. It basically said that there was to be no more practicing on the course, and that when playing, you were not allowed to play more than one ball per hole. This is clearly aimed at me. The juniors, as well as anyone I teach need short game practice more than anything else. They also need to be able to practice hitting woods and hybrids. You are not allowed to do any of this at the driving range. Previously I would take my lessons to the course, take video from a couple different angles, show them multiple shots from around the green and from fifty yards and in. Seems like practice. Seems like they were getting better. And now it seems like that whole "becoming a better golfer" thing is gone. "Here, teach our kids and get them ready for competition, oh but you can't use the course." That's great. That's like telling a musician to prepare for a recital in front of the President, but oh by the way, you can't actually use any instruments while you're getting ready. If and when these kids fail at tournaments in other countries it won't be their fault. As I've been saying, I can't wait to get to Pokhara...Now a few happy pictures of a cafe I found away from the noise and traffic of KTM...
It's not a real head, so relax!

Can I just live here?










No comments:

Post a Comment