Monday, November 7, 2011

About HYGA

Okay, here's some more detailed information about the Himalayan Youth Golf Association. (and if ya don't know, now ya know....)
Created in 2002 by Rick Lipsey, a Sports Illustrated staff golf writer based in New York City, the home base was in Bhutan until 2010, when it was moved to Kathmandu. It's funding comes from private donors as well as Titleist, Taylormade, and the R&A. The program includes daily clinics, private lessons. tournaments, cultural field trips, and training and teaching local pros.
My job will include managing the program, expanding the program, going into elementary schools, conducting junior tournaments once a month, supervising apprentices, acting as liaison between Nepalese officials and the HYGA, as well as being an ambassador of sorts for the United States.
My exact date of departure is November 10, 2011, and my imminent return is on May 24.
As frequent readers of this blog know, I have a layover in Guangzhou, China on my way to Nepal and back. To that end I have successfully obtained a Chinese visa, good for 12 months, with multiple entries allowed, at a maximum of 60 days per entry.
My apologies for a somewhat robotic sounding entry this morning, but I am in a bit of a time crunch as I still have a number of loose ends to tie up.
*on a side note, I'm really excited to turn in my time warner garbage




No comments:

Post a Comment