Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Weekend Update, with Stan Witko

As I have recently misplaced my right arm iPhone, any pictures in this post will be either re-treads or previously unpublished. It's not only a disappointment for my blog followers, but also for my students, as I am unable to give video lessons to the better golfers. It's amazing how you can feel lost in a matter of seconds after discovering one single item of yours, which means so much, is gone. Now, some props to parents for helping to rectify this situation as quickly as possible. THANK YOU! ^10. (that's the last time I will use any math symbols in this blog).
Okay, I am back in KTM, and this Saturday we will be hosting the first of many clinics for juniors. The plan will be short lived, however, as I am to go to Duran in the following week to work with some children, and possibly play in another tournament. I say possibly because my practice time has been limited at best. In fact, whenever I go to practice there are kids there, and really, I'm here for them, so I use my time for teaching rather than my own needs. Whatever happened to selfish Witko?
Apartment update - For those of you who are wondering what's happening in this department - We have rented an apartment/office close to the Royal Nepal Golf Course (RNGC) and it should be ready to move into on the 1st of January. We have a shipment of about 60 boxes coming from New York, including a bunch of junior sets, some SNAG equipment, grips, and other various golf items for the juniors. This apartment will double as an office for me, including a secretary, living space, and storage rooms for the extra golf sets. All that needs to be done is remodel the bathroom, kitchen, and bedroom. Should be finished in three weeks?
Diet update - I eat A LOT of chow mien and fried rice.
Invoice update - Getting a large shipment, around 90 boxes for example, into Nepal requires exact paperwork, stamps from the donating body, invoices to be delivered to various ministers, and letters of donations from all involved. Also, have fun transferring all of this from a mac to a pc to get printed out.
Now some pictures.....

Just added this for old times sake. That thing was stuuuck! Wait, isn't the south course closed? And what are you doing in the desert? Valid questions. Still no answers, but they let me drive a scooter around here.

Deepak and I at the Himalayan Western Surya Open. Being intense.

Over the wind!

More Pokhara

Onion Rings! Everything comes with vegetables on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment