Friday, December 9, 2011

Last of Pokhara

This was my last view of The Himalayan Course, for a few months at any rate. This was taken from what is a new tee box where the hole is actually up on the ridge on the left, out of sight. It's a par three that covers 162 yards, across the side of the canyon. Oh, and the green is extremely small and undulated.

A sunset near Fewa lake, with a view of a Temple on the Horizon. Not bad for the last day

 So I decided to take a bus back, since it was only $18 and there were maybe ten people on the entire bus. I had my choice of seats, air conditioning, and some pretty cool views for the 7 hour trip. In fairness, there are probably about five hours of driving and two hours of stopping for lunch and snacks. The best part is just listening to music ( I went with John Forte and Kid Cudi for most of the ride) and watching the country roll by you. Also, you don't have to deal with the craziness of the airport, which is a huge bonus.
 The route winds along this river for much of the trip back and some of the bridges give great sights. I think the next time I come, I'll try a river trip back to KTM.
 This was a simple fountain next at one of the places we stopped to eat along the way.
So as I return to KTM I have a number of things on my plate, including setting up the Junior Program, working on the paperwork for the shipment of junior equipment coming in, contacting the schools and asking for time and space, trying to find a place that at least has a kitchen so I can stop eating out every night, finding a reasonably priced gym, and instituting a different handicap program (and having some kids help in the process). Other than that, it should be smooth sailing. One thing about the re-entry into the city after spending time away. I would equate it to leaving the gaslamp district in San Diego for Manhattan circa 1980. It's an interesting transition, though certainly not the hardest one I've made this year.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment