Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Blog recipe and what-not

*some things that I want this blog to be: A slightly less personal diary for my own record, a way for my friends and family to track me, a platform for raising awareness about the HYGA, and maybe a bit of a road map for the pro who follows me. As for the pro that I'll be following, go here and check him out. http://domgolfpro.wordpress.com/ *

Now for some thoughts for today..
Malaria pills, hepatitis A &b shots (first of two each), iodine pills, the address of a rabies clinic in Kathmandu, a tetanus shot, and a typhoid shot are all things that will be in my life on Tuesday. The amazing thing about preparing for this trip is just how many things I've considered that never would have crossed my mind a few months ago. I'm reading blogs and articles by people whose names I can't  pronounce and I'm Youtubing airports that I'm sure I'm pronouncing incorrectly. I'm also learning numbers in Nepali through an iPhone app that was designed for what has to be 3 year old girls. But the best thing about it all is that you just go forward each day and do this somewhat bizarre stuff and it's kind of calming. All of the prep you need to only seems like a lot until you just dive in and start. I guess that can be like anything worth doing, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment